You can't catch me off-guard this time, I'm ready! Here's the latest issue of The Slime Times.
Mildly late post of The Slime Times, season 2 issue 1!! This is a big one, with gorgeous art and layout. Read about the Baron of Consent, Witchyleaks, and more!
A slew of minor fixes address problems felt by the NLACakaNM citizens!
- Players can now !goto stock to reach the slime stock exchange.
- Added nunchaku and chucks as aliases for nunchucks.
- !equip is no longer case sensitive.
- Leaderboard formatting has changed slightly, and includes the in-game day number.
- Ghosts drop slime when busted.
- Casino is now open 24/7.
- !transfer is available 24/7, with no cooldown.
- You can now check other players' SlimeCoin amounts.
- Ghosts can gamble SlimeCoin.
- New players start the game as Juveniles, instead of Corpses.
Mining yields have been increased slightly, returning to the previous value from before the last nerf. Food has been rebalanced, generally raising the cost. Specifically:
- Slime n' Tonic now costs 4 SlimeCoin, up from 2.
- Slima Colada now costs 5 SlimeCoin, up from 3.
- Cabernet Slimeignon now costs 30 SlimeCoin, up from 20.
- Slime on the Beach now costs 7 SlimeCoin, up from 3.
- Goo-Ba Libre now costs 6 SlimeCoin, up from 2.
- Manhattan Project now costs 5 SlimeCoin, up from 3.
- Slimy Mary now costs 5 SlimeCoin, up from 2. Hunger recovery reduced by ~29%.
- Slime Stout now costs 6 SlimeCoin, up from 2.
- Cheese Pizza now costs 4 SlimeCoin, up from 1.
- Pepperoni Pizza now costs 5 SlimeCoin, up from 1.
- Meat Lover's Pizza now costs 7 SlimeCOin, up from 2.
- Buffalo Wings now cost 8 SlimeCoin, up from 2.
- Soft Taco now costs 3 SlimeCoin, up from 1.
- Nacho Cheese Taco now costs 4 SlimeCoin, up from 1. Hunger recovery reduced by 25%.
- Ranch Taco now costs 4 SlimeCoin, up from 1. Hunger recovery reduced by 25%.
- Chicken Quesarito now costs 6 SlimeCoin, up from 2.
- SteakVolcanoQuesoMachoRito now costs 15 SlimeCoin, up from 5.
- Coleslaw now costs 2 SlimeCoin, up from 1. Hunger recovery reduced by 50%.
- Biscuit n' Gravy now costs 3 SlimeCoin, up from 1.
- Chicken Bucket now costs 12 SlimeCoin, up from 4.
- Famous Bowl now costs 6 SlimeCoin, up from 2. Hunger recovery reduced by ~14%.
In a surprise move, slime generation from sparring has been eliminated. All slime must now be obtained in the mine. Additionally:
- Fixed a typographical error in the description of BBQ sauce.
- SlimeCorp HQ is no longer a PvP zone.
Connor has released an updated version of the RFCK Minecraft texture pack! Download v1.06 here.
Who's the SLIMIEST in NLACakaNM?? Who's hoarding the most SlimeCoin? All will be revealed in the new #leaderboard channel, which updates every NLACakaNM day at 6am.
Slimeroulette has received a much-needed graphical update, featuring new animations and a roulette board, so you actually know what you're betting on!
- It is no longer possible to spar with players outside of the dojo.
- Haunting is now capped at the ghost's current antislime.
- PvP is once again disabled in the Rowdy Roughhouse, Cop Killtown, and Juvie's Row.
- Players can now order drinks for each other in the Speakeasy.
- Killing a player with the same level as you will now result in a weaponskill increase. (Previously you had to kill a higher level player.)
- The bot no longer echos @ in player names.
- Mining and sparring yields have been tweaked to make perfect sparring more effective than perfect mining.
- Ghosts should no longer be stuck in a permanent limbo when busted.
- food can no longer be ordered for people who are not in the food court. #maxrevivegangwarfare
- slime gain on !sparring has been strongly reduced (depends on the situation; on average it's between 2 and 3 times less). sparring is just too damn good.
- !kill/!shoot/!attack now costs half as much as before while still dealing the same amount of damage at weaponskill 0 (and even more at higher levels). this is to incentivize gang warfare, the way this game should be played. there was talk of basing it on one's slime amount and not level but we'll need some more time to think about how to best do that. may come in the future.
- weapon skill has a bigger effect on damage, from 5% per level to 10%
- new aliases for attacking (!attack) and linking to the 'news' section of krak's website (!news)
- new aliases for all the locations, all of them now have at least one 1-4 letter abbreviation (going to south sleezeborough isn't a big pain in the ass anymore, now you can type !goto ssb; full list of aliases in ewcfg.py, can be found on EW's github (i hope someone just publishes it as a list somewhere))
- !haunting has become much more effective, the maximum antislime for remote haunting is up to 20k from 5k, and haunting someone who's in the same location as you removes the cap and takes double the usual percentage (remote: 2.5%, face to face: 5%)
- removed fumble chance, it kinda made weapons worse than unarmed combat at low weaponskill levels cause it only affected weapon-based combat for some reason
- removed repeat killing protection (the "you have already proven your superiority over.." thing)(edited)
- made the bot (hopefully) much less laggy by making it send the end result messages instead of sending "..." and then editing it. assuming sending and editing takes similarly as much time, EW should be half as laggy now cause sending/editing messages seems like it's the biggest performance drain and it now has to perform only one of those actions (in most cases)
- allowed number of full hunger !mines increased from 5 to 7 because discord message buffering could otherwise fuck you over more easily
- fixed nunchucks. they didnt work at all previously and were just an objectively worse version of basically all other weapons. now their damage is actually based on how many strikes happen.
- bounties should work now. thank @dwoobo for that
Ridiculously late post of The Slime Times issue #7. Whoops!